Skip to main content

Motivation & dedication & discipline, oh my!

This blog has crossed my mind every day since the last time I posted but I haven't been entirely sure what to write about. I don't want this to act as a diary, to simply get things off of my mind, but rather be something legible and worth reading. That being said, my thoughts are so scattered right now that I can't think much on any one specific topic.

I was right about the new year. It doesn't mean anything. It might motivate people for a short period of time but this is temporary. I'm speaking from experience. Dedication and discipline are what actually make a difference. The motivation that came with January has already left and I have yet to find the level of discipline that I need to succeed in everything I want to. I have had enough discipline to meet deadlines, save a little more money, and be somewhat more social but this hasn't allowed me to make big career moves and accomplish the things I truly want to.

I have all of these ideas bottled up inside but I can't find the time to accomplish them. Finding the time really needs to stop being an excuse for everyone though, myself included. It really isn't a good enough one. If something is important to you and you want to succeed in that something then you need to make the time.

Comments